MagShield® is a non-halogenated, high purity magnesium hydroxide powder for use as a flame retardant and smoke suppressant in plastic compounds for thermoplastic olefins, plastic building materials, select wire and cable applications, and plastic fillers and coatings.
MagShield offers the following attributes and benefits:
- Excellent flame retardancy and smoke suppression properties
- Thermally stable
- Cost effective replacement for Alumina Trihydrate (ATH)
- Thermally stable to 340°C, suitable for engineering plastic
- Lower hardness than ATH resulting in longer equipment life
- Low toxicity [LD50 (oral/rat) > 5,000 Mg/Kg]
- Non-corrosive as compared to halogen or phosphorous-containing compounds
For more information regarding your application or to place an order, please call 800-648-7400 (inside the U.S.) or +1-410-780-5500. Or, Email Us with your questions.