Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties provides high purity, magnesium hydroxide and magnesium oxide for use in power generation.
UtiliMag® products are used to significantly reduce sulfur trioxide (SO3), opacity and acid plumes generated by boilers and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) units.
UtiliMag® 40 can be injected downstream of the SCR to the air heater inlet for effective SO3 removal, corrosion control and opacity treatment. Backend treatment with UtiliMag® 40 can also reduce the formation of ammonium bisulfate in the air heater, resulting in less frequent, easier cleanup and elimination of corrosion.
UtiliMag® H is also effective in neutralizing acidic solutions generated from wet electrostatic precipitators (WESP) and SO2 from flue gas desulfurization (FGD) scrubbers.
Technical Data Sheets
UtiliMag® 40 for SCR Coal & Oil Fired Units
Visual Opacity Control and SO3 Reduction
- Backend boiler treatment for SOx treatment
- Flue Gas Desulfurization
- WESP effluent neutralization
- Reduce sulfur trioxide (SO3) generated by boilers and SCR units
- Reduce opacity emissions and acid plumes related to sulfur trioxide
- Neutralizes acidic solutions generated from wet electrostatic precipitators (WESP)
- Neutralizing acidic solutions generated from flue gas desulfurization (FGD) scrubbers
- Injected downstream for effective SO3 removal, corrosion control, and opacity treatment
- Reduce the formation of ammonium bisulfate in the air heater
For more information regarding your application or to place an order, please call 800-648-7400 (inside the U.S.) or +1-410-780-5500. Or, Contact Us with your questions.